This blog has been created by Kaiqiang Liu Qin as an integrated project for the 1st year. Degree taught at the Polytechnic School of the "Universidad Europea de Madrid". Academic Year 2013-2014.

http://politecnica.universidadeuropea.es/

miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

Interview with a mathematician, Aurora Morena.

Well, today I will interview a mathematician, who was teacher of my brother, my sister and already mine, when we were in primary school. She was a demanding teacher with high expectations for us. She never lost hope in us, she always gave us more strenght to continue every single day. Her aim was that one day, we can achieve our goals, or even think of maths on another way, that we like to do.

Question: What do you like of Maths? How do you hooked at Maths?

Answer: When I was 14 years old I have already a tremendous desire to learn about Maths, but my real fascination was generated when I read "A course in Pure Mathematics". When I was reading this book I tried to solve their problems one bye one, I think this is a fantastic book and every student that like Maths should know about it.



Question: Is there creavity in mathematics?

Answer: It is creavity itself! When one person is doing mathematics he or she is creating new problems and then they can resolve it. But just look of the amount of international journals dedicated to publishing mathematicians research.


Question: Mathematics is a science study or art?

Answer: It's a science activity, but when the mathematical theory is armed or we can see a brilliant demostration, the result is like looking at a building, may be of such beauty that is pure expression
artistic.


Question: Anything else to add?

A: I think math attract a lot if we apply the logic to follow steps, then everything fits and it goes well. Just try to follow it.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario